Jessica and Derrick were our last couple to be photographed in 2014 to get married near Richmond, Virginia. They chose the beautiful Historic Jasmine Plantation in Providence Forge, Virginia.
Though their wedding was in December, the couple decided to have an outside wedding and the day and the weather turned out perfect!
I love how Jessica included the wedding date in so many little details of their wedding.
Check out all the different color bridesmaid dresses! Breaking tradition for sure!
Details, Details, Details everywhere!
The famous Coke Bar at the Jasmine Plantation.
The Candy Bar! Jessica and Derrick treated their guests to a huge candy bar.
This is the most unique wedding cake I have ever seen! I love how they used their engagement photos on the wedding cake.
Wedding photographs are the only things that live forever, not the flowers, not the music or the cake! Your wedding photographs are an investment you owe yourself and your grandchildren, and for this you need to work with your photographer to make them fabulous. Jessica and Derrick did just that! Thanks to these two for a great end to the 2014 wedding season.
Top Tips for Perfect Wedding Photography
Here are some of the tips for Perfect Wedding Photography
1) Start your research early, by asking friends and browsing websites and go through some galleries of wedding photographers.
3) Arrange meetings with different photographers you've short listed and meet with them to see if your personalities match.
4) Take all the information regarding packages and find out how many hours of shooting.
5) If you have decided on a photographer, make sure to review them on various websites and then after checking the references you can make a decision. Also, book soon as most good wedding photographers book quick.
6) A pre-wedding photo shoot is a great opportunity to get comfortable with your partner. Never miss this chance.
7) Before the wedding always keep a member of the family to help you in gathering of all the grandparents, siblings and cousins during the wedding day.
8) In the end just relax and enjoy your day, allow your photographer to keep you on schedule, because you hired them and rather than you they need to worry about capturing all the moments.
Amanda and Austin were married at Fredericksburg Square a 1854 mansion in historic Fredericksburg, Virginia. Though it was a rainy day these two did not let it bother them one bit! We even got photos outside!
If you are looking for a historic mansion for your wedding THIS IS THE PLACE!
Such a sweet couple! Congrats to Amanda and Austin!
Renowned as the “Wedding Capital of the West End", The Dominion Club offers over 25,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor event space, including four breathtaking ceremony sites and an elegant Rotunda for weddings up to 300 guests. The unique architecture of the Rotunda exudes a modern elegance in neutral colors, allowing the reception to take on any style: simple or traditional to shabby chic or contemporary, and everything in between.
Nicole and Andrew tied the knot at The Dominion Club in Richmond, Virginia in August and this venue proved to be just beautiful!
These two loved doing creative and fun photos and we had a blast photographing their Richmond, VA wedding!
Jen and Pete are possibly my favorite couple for 2014. There two were awesome to work with. Not just them, but the entire wedding party and their families.
The venue, Whitehall Manor in Bluemount, Virginia was about a four drive away from us but well worth it!
This place is amazing to shoot at and the staff is one of the best I've ever work with!
Crystal Vandegrift is a wedding photographer covering Virginia, D.C. and Maryland.