When a couple envisions their ideal wedding day, rain rarely comes into the picture. Unless a couple likes things soggy, chances are rain on the big day will be a bit of a disappointment.
While there’s no way couples can keep it from raining on their wedding days, there are ways to prevent rain from ruining the ceremony and the ensuing festivities.
* Have a contingency plan in place well in advance. Weather is unpredictable, but couples who choose an outdoor wedding should begin making a contingency plan well in advance of the wedding. This doesn’t mean couples need to plan two weddings, they just need to discuss with vendors what the plan of action is going to be should rain arrive. When booking a venue, discuss with the venue manager what the venue can do if it rains. Many venues will set up a tent and have an umbrella station for arriving guests. When getting married outdoors, choose a venue that’s both idyllic and capable of handling a wet wedding.
It’s best to also have a contingency photography plan in place as well. If it does happen to rain on your wedding day and you change the place of your wedding please BE SURE TO LET US KNOW WELL AHEAD OF TIME. Crystal can always be contacted at 434-610-8917.
* Get dressed at the venue. Brides understandably fear their wedding dress won’t survive a soggy ceremony. To reduce the gown’s exposure to rain, brides should consider getting dressed at the venue. This means they will only have to wear the dress outside during the actual ceremony. Wrap the gown and other accessories including shoes, in plastic to keep them safe from rain and mud. If the wedding is slated for later in the day, call the venue and determine how early the wedding parties can arrive and how much space will be provided for the party to get dressed. This won’t be too big an issue for the groom and his groomsmen, but the bride and her bridal party will likely want to get there several hours in advance of the ceremony.
* Wear waterproof makeup. Brides-to-be should wear waterproof makeup. In addition, bring a collection of items, including hairspray and extra makeup, that can help combat the elements.
* Prepare the ushers. Ushers will need to be extra diligent during a rainy ceremony. Instruct the ushers before guests begin to arrive that their roles have taken on greater importance thanks to the weather. Ushers should keep an eye out and an umbrella open for arriving guests, escorting guests to their seats under a cloak of dryness. Once the happy couple has said their “I dos” and all the guests have managed to stay dry, the bride and groom should offer some special thanks to the ushers who helped keep everyone dry.
Crystal Vandegrift is a Richmond, Washington, D.C. and Maryland Wedding Photographer Contact us for more information about being your wedding photographer.
Brides- and grooms-to-be are often nervous when the day they will tie the knot finally arrives. The realization that months and months of planning and anticipation are finally about to come to a head often inspires some jitters in the days leading up to the wedding. But the following are a few ways couples can calm those nerves in the hours leading up to the moment they have devoted so much time and effort to planning since becoming engaged.
* Get a good night’s rest. Couples should prioritize a good night’s sleep the night before they are set to walk down the aisle. Make your last night as an unmarried couple an early night so you will look your best and have plenty of energy on your big day, which will no doubt start early and end late. A good night’s sleep can go a long way toward ensuring you’re in a good mood as you handle a full slate of responsibilities on your wedding day.
* Spend time with family and friends. Chances are your closest friends and family members are playing significant roles in your wedding, and spending time with them is a great way to keep your nerves in check while having a fun time before, during and after the ceremony.
* Don’t be afraid to delegate responsibilities. In spite of months of planning, couples will still have a to-do list come their wedding days. If such a list is overwhelming, brides- and grooms-to-be should not be afraid to delegate some of the tasks on their lists. Bridesmaids and groomsmen can no doubt handle any outstanding tasks that don’t require any input from the bride or groom.
* Relax as the ceremony draws nearer. As the start time for the ceremony approaches, couples about to tie the knot should take time to sit down and relax. Once their hair and makeup is finished, brides-to-be should sit down and exhale or arrange for the photographer to snap some fun pre-wedding photos with their bridesmaids. Grooms-to-be can do the same with their groomsmen, sharing a few last-minute jokes to ensure everyone is relaxed and ready to go before taking their places.
#flowers #naturallight #iphoneonly #iphonephotography #igaddict #iphotophotos #love #pinkflowers #picoftheday
Crystal’s Tips on Finding Your Photographer
Richmond,VA, Washington D.C., and Virginia Beach wedding & portrait photographer, Crystal Image Photography, is a Richmond, VA-based wedding & senior portrait photographer that offers couples and high school seniors in the Richmond, VA area (and beyond) a woman’s point of view in terms of wedding and senior portrait photography.
Crystal Image Photography focuses on serving the Richmond, Washington D.C., and VA Beach wedding & portrait markets. Crystal Image Photography is one of Northern Virginia’s specialists in Richmond senior portrait photography and Richmond wedding photography. While Crystal Image Photography is physically located in Richmond, VA, this wedding and portrait photographer is available for travel to any surrounding area and is prepared to photograph on location.
When seeking out your Richmond and Washington D.C. wedding and engagement photographer here are some key points that Crystal Image Photography believes every newly engaged couple should consider when looking for the best Richmond, Washington D.C., and VA Beach wedding photographer.
When selecting your Richmond, Washington D.C., and VA Beach wedding photographer you are selecting more than just a photographer for your wedding day you are hiring an individual who will spend the majority of your entire day with you photographing your wedding, spending time with your friends and your family, and capturing every moment that is important to you. Personality is a major factor in the selection process and should not be taken lightly. A Richmond, Washington D.C., and VA Beach wedding photographer ‘s personality can often set the tone for your entire day, how you as a couple interact, how your bridal party responds, and in some cases how the stress level during your wedding is controlled . Ultimately, if you dislike your wedding photographer’s personality, it can have a hugely negative effect on your wedding photography as well as your wedding day altogether. In most cases, you will be establishing a relationship with your wedding photographer over the course of your wedding planning and beyond that should contribute to the love of their personality, making you want to spend more time with them. Surrounding yourself with individuals and vendors whom you love is key to experiencing an amazing wedding day.
When viewing photographs of various Richmond, Washington D.C., and VA Beach wedding photographers you should be directly comparing their wedding photography style. Again, are you selecting a wedding photographer based on pricing alone? Do you love the style in which they photograph? Wedding photography style differs between each wedding photographer. No two wedding photographers are the same. If you have found a wedding photographer whose personality you love, ask yourself if you love their style. Can you imagine decorating your home with their style of wedding photography and looking at it for years and years to come? Most people would not go shopping for home decor to place the most unattractive decorations in their home just because it fit into their budget. You should feel a personal attachment to the stylistic approach of your wedding photography. At the end of the day, your Richmond, Washington, D.C. or Virginia Beach wedding photographer should be providing you with wedding photography and artwork that you love and want to show off and/or showcase in your home. Wedding photography style and the personality of your Richmond, Washington D.C., and VA Beach wedding photographer should trump price.
On that note, let’s talk about pricing. While price and budgeting is always a factor when selecting your wedding photographer or any vendor, there are many other factors that should play into your overall decision beyond just price alone. We hear of many couples who wish they would have selected a top of the line Richmond, Washington D.C., and VA Beach wedding photographer. Whether it’s a bridesmaid at a wedding who has seen the wedding photographer that the bride has chosen and can only wish they would have spent a little more to get the best wedding photographer or hearing stories through the grapevine about how much they dislike their wedding photos or don’t have any photos to show off as art in their home, it’s likely that these couples chose their wedding photographer solely based on price. This is a choice that comes embedded with too much risk and often becomes a mistake in the end that can not be changed. At the end of the day, when the music fades away, the flowers die, and your budget is spent, the ONE thing you will have to remember all of the moments of your wedding day is your wedding photography. Don’t compromise on the only wedding photos that you will be left to look at for the rest of your life.
Crystal Image Photography is a Northern Virginia wedding and senior portrait photographer based in Richmond, VA. Should you have any additional questions not mentioned in this section Crystal would love to hear what you have to say regarding your upcoming wedding.
Crystal Vandegrift is a wedding photographer covering Virginia, D.C. NC and Maryland.
Interested in being a guest blogger on our site? Contact us below!
We love Instagram! Check out our feed below and follow us!
Pictures were one of my top priorities for my wedding. I spent a lot of time reading through photographers and even contacting some. I was also pretty nervous, I had never been professionally photographed before. Crystal and her team were SO easy to work with and immediately took away the nerves. I trusted her completely and I am so happy I did. Cannot recommend enough! Ellen - Yorktown VA
If you're looking for an amazing photographer who is relaxed, has experience, and knowledge look no further. Crystal took our engagement and wedding photos. Not only were her photos amazing, but she is extremely responsive to messages and will even help you when planning your big day. It was important to us to work with a photographer who has experience with same sex couples, and Crystal and Casey did a great job capturing everything for my wife and I. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. - Emily - Nellysford, VA
Read more reviews here.