5 Tips for Perfect Wedding Photos (385)
(NewsUSA) - Your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion -- something to be celebrated and cherished. Planning it, on the other hand, can feel as if you're preparing for war -- between ensuring that Uncle Sal isn't sitting next to his brother, who owes him money, to budgeting for everything you want and need. The one thing you don't want to skimp on is the memories.
Which is why choosing your photographer is one of the biggest decisions you will make. To help ensure that you get the most romantic photos of your fairytale day, Professional Photographers of America, a 29,000-plus-member association, offers these suggestions:
* Express yourself. What kind of photos do you like? Do they tend toward the journalistic or is your style more whimsical, classical, or romantic? Whatever your style, be clear with your photographer so that he or she can capture your personality.
* Say yes to the dress. It starts and ends with this iconic garment. What will make you feel like the bride you've always dreamed of being? Is it a flowing sundress, a formal gown complete with train and veil? Or maybe your idea is more modern and it's a strapless dress, in a color other than white. Whatever it is, dare to wear your dream dress.
* Buy the shoes?or not. Carrie Bradshaw knows shoes. And you should too. Will you walk down the aisle in stilettos or kitten heels? Maybe cowboy boots are more your style? Can't decide? Then leave the shoes at home, and feel free to walk barefoot.
* Rejoice in style. Your wedding day isn't just a ceremony, it's a celebration that brings all your family and friends together (for better or worse), and pictures of this memorable party are a great way to inject your own sense of style. Be it a backyard BBQ, a tail gate at your favorite stadium, or a formal dinner, pictures of this event are a must-have.
* Decide on your ride. Some people prefer to be whisked away by horse and carriage as if they were Cinderella herself. Others prefer luxury limos and cars as their modern equivalent. For the unique free-spirits of the world, maybe a motorcycle is more your thing. Either way, a great photo opp awaits as you leave your wedding.
For more information, visit FindAPhotographer.com/weddings.
Crystal Vandegrift is a wedding photographer covering Virginia, D.C. NC and Maryland.
Interested in being a guest blogger on our site? Contact us below!
We love Instagram! Check out our feed below and follow us!
Pictures were one of my top priorities for my wedding. I spent a lot of time reading through photographers and even contacting some. I was also pretty nervous, I had never been professionally photographed before. Crystal and her team were SO easy to work with and immediately took away the nerves. I trusted her completely and I am so happy I did. Cannot recommend enough! Ellen - Yorktown VA
If you're looking for an amazing photographer who is relaxed, has experience, and knowledge look no further. Crystal took our engagement and wedding photos. Not only were her photos amazing, but she is extremely responsive to messages and will even help you when planning your big day. It was important to us to work with a photographer who has experience with same sex couples, and Crystal and Casey did a great job capturing everything for my wife and I. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. - Emily - Nellysford, VA
Read more reviews here.